John W. Mittendorf
The Art of Reading BuildingsJohn W. Mittendorf
The Art of Reading Buildings
The Art of Reading Buildings focuses on the practical art of reading a building and applying its positive and negative attributes in developing a size-up for fireground operations that center on structure fires. First-due company officers, incident commanders, and safety officers will appreciate the practical “street-wise” lessons captured in the book. Chief officers, training officers, engineers, firefighters, and fire science degree candidates will benefit from the wide range of building construction topics covered in this text.
- Understand the technical and practical aspects of building construction
- Learn on-the-spot building construction assessment using the authors’ custom Rapid Street-Read Guides
- Develop a quick construction size-up for immediate application to fireground operations
- Recognize firefighter traps in newer and alternative construction methods
- This text covers objectives for the National Fire Academy’s Fire and Emergency Services in Higher Education (FESHE) Building Construction for Fire Protection course
- Number of Pages:
- Published Date:
Great text. On par with Building Construction for the Fire Service. Definitely recommend it!
Great down to earth description of building construction. Good coverage of modern building techniques. Good discussion of the hazards and strengths of different building materials and methods.