Firefighter Rescue & SurvivalFire Engineering
Firefighter Rescue & Survival
By Richard Kolomay and Bob Hoff
Deliberate training in firefigher rescue and survival is a field that is new to many in the fire service and private industry alike. For those firefighters and company officers assigned to a Rapid Intervention Team (RIT), not making the correct split-second decisions—such as immediately recognizing changes in fire behavior or failing to evaluate their level of SCBA air—can result in the loss of the lives of the entire team.
In an effort to reduce the number of line-of-duty firefighting injuries and deaths, while at the same time being proactive in the fire service training and leadership, authors Richard Kolomay and Robert Hoff have drawn upon their combined 50+ years of firefighting experience to put together this comprehensive guide.
Key Features & Benefits
- Provides an awareness of firefighter safety and proactive fire service training
- Describes various types of serious firefighter injuries and fatality incidents during emergency incident operations
- Details recommended Rapid Intervention Team operating methods and procedures, as well as how to activate a Rapid Intervention Team
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 - Proactive Firefighting Tactics and Training
- Chapter 2 - Rapid Intervention Operations
- Chapter 3 - Rapid Intervention Deployment Operations
- Chapter 4 - Firefighter Survival Rules
- Chapter 5 - Firefighter Survival Emergencies
- Chapter 6 - Search Operations for Missing and Lost Firefighters
- Chapter 7 - Firefighter Rescue Removal Methods
- Chapter 8 - Upper and Lower Level and Confined-Space Rescue Methods
- Chapter 9 - Firefighter Rescue & Survival Training Methods
- Number of Pages:
- Published Date:
Definately the best book written on rescue and survival! If you want to know techniques this is the book you want to save yourself and your brothers!