J. Curtis Varone
ebook - Legal Considerations for Fire & Emergency Services 4th EdJ. Curtis Varone
ebook - Legal Considerations for Fire & Emergency Services 4th Ed
THE LAW HAS EVOLVED & SO HAS LEGAL CONSIDERATIONS!
The long-awaited 4th edition of Legal Considerations for Fire & Emergency Services is an essential textbook for any course on fire service law as well as an indispensable desk reference for day-to-day fire department administration.
Author J. Curtis Varone, a practicing attorney and experienced firefighter explores comprehensive coverage of the major legal issues in the fire and EMS services, such as negligence; immunity; criminal law; arson; search and seizure; FLSA wage and hour over time issues; employment discrimination; sexual harassment; FMLA; Americans with Disabilities Act; public records laws; open meetings requirements; drug testing; due process; collective bargaining for firefighters; OSHA and the relationship between NFPA standards and OSHA enforcement; EMS related topics such as consent, implied consent, informed consent, the role of DNR orders, living wills, and durable powers of attorney for health care decisions; refusals against medical advice; and much more.
FEATURES OF THE FOURTH EDITION:
- Updated case law on employment discrimination and newly enacted laws mandating sexual harassment policies and training in the workplace
- New US Supreme Court case law on union security provisions
- Marijuana law update including the impact of legalized hemp, recreational marijuana, and medical marijuana on drug testing of firefighters
- New guidance for social media, digital imagery, and electronic surveillance
- Meets the latest requirements for FESHE’s Legal Aspects of the Fire Service as well as Political and Legal Foundations for Fire Protection
- Number of Pages: